Wednesday, March 5, 2014

THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT BUG

After we sold the class 11 mistake, I immediately started looking for a new baja, this time we decided to look for less of a project. I spent months on craigslist before I found any potential Baja 1000 race cars to be. The first potential baja I found was a 1962 for $4500. It was ugly, but it looked pretty beefed up and off-road ready. It had a full roll cage, but we knew that it would need to be replaced to meet SCORE specs(SCORE requires a DOM or chromoly roll cage, this was made of mild steel). I went with my dad to go check it out, and if I thought it had potential I would report back to Buck. Well it had potential, so the next weekend Buck and I went to check it out, and possibly buy. We drove it around and really liked it. We left saying we would think about it, knowing that we were going to purchase it. Unfortunately for us, he called about an hour after we left and he had already sold it. A baja that had been off and on craigslist for almost 5 months sold the day we were going to buy it, it must be a sign...






No comments:

Post a Comment